Our KIDS FIRST! Film Critics Local Search is going on NOW in select cities. Our next deadline is December 1, 2017. We are looking for kids ages 8 to 18 in the cities listed below and will be accepting up to 10 new reporters during this application process and you will be reviewed on a first come, first served basis. There is a $55 training fee and you are expected to provide your own equipment (camera, tripod, microphone, computer) as well as transportation to events. (Note the fee is increasing to $75 in 2018) For more information about our KIDS FIRST! Film Critics program, please take a look at our deck here: http://slides.com/rannynm/deck-02802409-3352-462d-b30e-949e5ffba6c3
Cities: Atlanta, Boston, Chicago, Cincinnati, Dallas, Honolulu, Los Angeles, Miami, Minneapolis, Nashville, New York City, Philadelphia, San Diego, San Francisco, Seattle, Santa Fe, Vancouver and Washington DC. (Kids from other cities will be accepted but you should know that you may not have the opportunity to attend live press screenings and events. You will have to review from DVDs or online screeners.)
Here’s your chance to….
- Watch and review the latest films!
- Meet and interview celebrities!
- Report from the red carpet and premieres!
- Talk on our weekly radio show about films you have seen and interview celebrities.
Here’s how to enter:
1. Prepare: Read through our tips on submitting the best review possible. Be sure your written review is 400 words in length. Be sure to spell check it before you send it. Be sure your name, age and the title of the film is at the top of the page.
2. View: Watch any film currently playing in theaters or recently released on DVD/Blu-ray that is rated PG-13, PG or G.
3. Write your review in approximately 400 words. Then, upload your review as part of your application. This must be done before the deadline.
4. Videotape yourself presenting your film review. Your video should be between one minute and one and 1/2 minutes long. Refer to our tips on creating your video for help. Be sure that only your head & shoulders are in the frame, that it is well lit so we can see you and that you introduce yourself and the film at the beginning and again at the end.
5. Upload your video review to vimeo.com between now and the deadline. It is free to open a vimeo account. Go here for tips on how to upload to vimeo and link your entry to KIDS FIRST!
6. That’s it. We will announce your acceptance into the program about 15 days after the deadline and YOU will be on your way to becoming a member of the KIDS FIRST! Film Critics Team.
7. After you have received acceptance from us, just pay your training fee prior to starting your 6 Week Training Session.