Our KIDS FIRST! Film Critics search is going on NOW in select cities. Our next deadline is September 1, 2018.
We are looking for kids age 8 to 18 in the cities listed below and will be accepting new reporters this fall. Your application will be reviewed within 48 hours of submission.
Applicants will be offered one on one training for $60 per session for 5 sessions conducted by our certified KIDS FIRST! Instructors. Training will be conducted live in select cities and via Skype in others.
Once you complete the initial training, you will be offered a spot on our national KIDS FIRST! Film Critics team. As a team member, you will need to provide your own equipment (camera, tripod, microphone, computer) as well as transportation to events you cover for KIDS FIRST. For more information about the program, please take a look at our sizzle reel here: https://youtu.be/GCn4Qi1Mei4
2018 Target Cities: Atlanta, Boston, Chicago, Cincinnati, Dallas, Honolulu, Houston, Los Angeles, Miami, Minneapolis, Nashville, New York City, Philadelphia, San Diego, San Francisco, Seattle, Santa Fe, Vancouver and Washington DC. (Kids from other cities will be accepted but you should be aware that you there are limited opportunities to attend live press screenings and other press events. You will review films from online screeners or DVDs.)
Here’s your chance to….
- Watch and review the latest films!
- Meet and interview celebrities!
- Report from the red carpet and premieres!
- Talk on our weekly radio show about films you have seen and interview celebrities.
Here’s how to enter:
1. Prepare: Read through our tips on submitting the best review possible. Be sure your written review is at least 200 words in length. Be sure to spell check it before you send it. Be sure your name, age and the title of the film is at the top of the page.
2. View: Watch any film currently playing in theaters or recently released on DVD/Blu-ray that is rated PG-13, PG or G.
3. Write your review in approximately 200 words. Then, upload your review as part of your application. This must be done before the deadline.
4. Videotape yourself presenting your film review. Your video should be between one minute and one and 1/2 minutes long. Refer to our tips on creating your video for help. Be sure that only your head & shoulders are in the frame, that it is well lit so we can see you and that you introduce yourself and the film at the beginning and again at the end.
5. Send us your video review through vimeo.com (free account), dropbox, google docs or similar. DO NOT send as an attachment to an email as we will not receive it.
6. That’s it. We will notify you of your acceptance into the training program about 24 hours after you submit your application and assign a trainer to you. We will contact you and the trainer to set up your 5 one:one training sessions and send you an invoice for them.
Please contact us if you have questions: [email protected]