Our KIDS FIRST! Film Critics search is going on this month in select cities. We are holding live auditions in New York City November 4 and in Los Angeles November 11. You must register in order to attend one of those live auditions. Go here for more details. https://www.kidsfirst.org/become-a-juror/
We will also hold Skype auditions later in November / early December. Check back her for specifics and a registration link.
Auditions are open to any child between the age of 8 and 18 that can make it to press events in the cities listed below.
Those accepted during this fall audition period will be required to attend group training with a series of 6 remote sessions, via Skype or Zoom for a fee of $65. All sessions must be completed, along with accompanying assignments given during those sessions. Once completed satisfactorily, the child will be offered a spot as a member of the KIDS FIRST! Film Critics Team.
For those who cannot make it to one of these auditions, they may sign up for our one on one training for $60 per session for 5 sessions. This training is conducted by our certified KIDS FIRST! Instructors. Training is offered in person in select cities and via Skype or Zoom in others.
WHAT WILL YOU DO as a KIDS FIRST! Film Critic?
As a team member, you will attend press screenings, press junkets, red carpet events and other types of press events. You will need to provide your own equipment (camera, tripod, microphone, computer) as well as transportation to events that you cover for KIDS FIRST! For more information about what our reporters do, take a look at our sizzle reel.
Target Cities: Atlanta, Boston, Chicago, Cincinnati, Dallas, Honolulu, Houston, Los Angeles, Miami, Minneapolis, Nashville, New York City, Philadelphia, San Diego, San Francisco, Seattle, Santa Fe, Vancouver and Washington DC. (Kids from other cities may apply, but be aware that there are limited opportunities to attend live press events outside of a large metropolitan area. You will need to either be able to get to a larger city to attend an event or review films from online screeners or DVDs.
Here’s your chance to….
- Watch and review the latest films!
- Meet and interview celebrities!
- Report from the red carpet and premieres!
- Talk on our weekly radio show about films you have seen and interview celebrities.
Here’s how to enter:
1. Prepare: Read through our tips on submitting the best review possible. Be sure your written review is at least 200 words in length. Be sure to spell check it before you send it. Be sure your name, age and the title of the film is at the top of the page.
2. View: Watch any film currently playing in theaters or recently released on DVD/Blu-ray that is rated PG-13, PG or G.
3. Write your review in approximately 200 words. Then, upload your review as part of your application.
Live auditions will be held in New York City November 4 and in Los Angeles November 11. To audition, you must register here: https://goo.gl/forms/DPcIJUmKCmQlL3BD2.
Note: The deadline to register for New York is October 30. Deadline for LA audition is November 2.
We will hold Skype or Zoom auditions later in November and early December. Come back here for details.
4. For those not attending a live audition, the next step is to videotape yourself presenting your film review. Your video should be between one minute and one and 1/2 minutes long. Refer to our tips on creating your video for help. Be sure that only your head & shoulders are in the frame, that it is well lit so we can see you and that you introduce yourself and the film at the beginning and again at the end.
5. Send us your video review through vimeo.com (free account), dropbox, google docs or similar. DO NOT send as an attachment to an email as we will not receive it.
6. That’s it. We will confirm your registration within 48 hours of submission and move you to the next step, whether it’s a live audition, Skype/Zoom audition or one on one training.
Please contact us if you have questions: [email protected]